Lewiston Livestock was built and established by Doug Bickford in 1961. 54 years later the stockyard is still locally owned and operated. In 1982 Doug purchased Twin City Sales Yard; which was established in 1954. After the purchase Doug merged Twin City Sales Yard with Lewiston Livestock Market. Since the merger Lewiston Livestock Market succeeds in getting top market prices with the most take home dollars. They also accomplish sale days of 6,700 head, and special sales reaching upwards of 5 million dollars in sells. For over 50 years Lewiston Livestock Market has been operated by a staff who believes hard work, integrate, and hospitality are a way of life; making Lewiston Livestock Market the top choice of many ranchers and farmers with in a 200 mile of Lewiston, Idaho.
On Sept. 8, 1979, when Clayton Butcher got thirsty before the rodeo, he took his horse with him for a cold one, right into the Arbor Lounge in North Lewiston, just down the street from the old Lewiston Roundup Park.
Just because they look like Marlboro Men, that doesn't mean cowboys Clayton Butcher (left) Doug Bickford have no appreciation for the delicate joys of springtime. They proudly clutch their February-born buttercups.